[Healeys] (no subject)

Al Fuller alfuller194 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 22:57:07 MDT 2022

Well, since you asked for it, please add me to the list of 'me too' support
for the proposition of leaving politics out of the auto discussion list.

We mostly quiet folk who [apparently naively] cling to the old-fashioned
idea of having a place where we can discuss cars, and leave the toxic
politics at the door.

Yes, I/we know you are entitled to your opinions. However, we also feel we
are entitled to not be subjected to them , especially in the midst of
unrelated discussion. The  same thing happens in the local car club I was a
member of, and frankly that's why I'm no longer there.

On a more practical note, many of us have substantial value tied up in our
classic cars. It behooves us to remember that "value" exists only to the
extent that buyers are willing to engage, and that to the extent we go out
of our way to alienate others [particularly younger generations] we destroy
that value.  Owning and driving a 50 year old now orphan car benefits from a
lot of collective knowledge and goodwill. If new prospective owners are put
off by indiscriminate politicization of what is intended to be a technical
forum - it surely can't be good for the marque.

/rant mode: off

/observation mode: restart

Al Fuller

Fuller Compliance, Inc.

Quality Systems, Software Quality, Validation + 21 CFR Part 11