[Healeys] Hammertone green

m.g.sharp at sympatico.ca m.g.sharp at sympatico.ca
Fri Mar 25 05:48:45 MDT 2022

Mike,  I suspect it is long gone from the shelves, but Canadian Tire used to have their own label of spray paint called “easi-spray” (its not so old that the trend to deliberate mis-spelling by marketing morons had not begun).  They did a hammertone green that I used to use.  The price tag ($3.69!) has stock number 47 4034 on it.  I have two cans, both about 2/3 full, but the caps and nozzles are missing.  The hammertone paint was prone to blocking and I probably took them out for cleaning and they got lost.  I imagine the propellant is long gone too.  However, if there is any chance of using it you are welcome to it.  I will bring it along when we meet to look at the wiper arms.

Also, there is an automotive paint supply company here in town that has made up rattle cans of spray paint for me for touching up.  They did the paint for the engine bay on the Healey which we just dropped the engine back into.   They use a scanner to determine mixes and they have been right on in their matches.  I’d be happy to take a can to them and see if they can either re-can it or re-charge the propellant.  Failing that, I could puncture the can, paint a surface with the contents and then take it to them to scan and make up a can.

Let me know if any of the above is helpful.

Cheers, Mirek