[Healeys] OD-BJ8----on and on:)

gradea1 at charter.net gradea1 at charter.net
Thu Mar 24 11:33:33 MDT 2022

There is another issue to consider. If it is stuck in OD and you have
already driven it and reversed the car, it is possible that the sun
gear is jammed (damaged beyond movement) and will give you the
indication that you are engaged-permanently.
The problem could have started with a faulty lock out switch which
then locked up the epicyclic clutch and left you with permanent
(frozen) OD. As Ira says...big problem. New parts are available from
OD Spares, UK.
If you push the gear leaver to the right does the solenoid click,
indicating lockout? If not you must replace the switch before EVER
USING REVERSE with this or a rebuilt unit.
I would take Gary's advise and contact the rebuilder of the unit-may
have to pull the trans to get his attention. Hank

Healeys"