[Healeys] PCV installation BJ8

Michael Salter michaelsalter at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 10:24:53 MDT 2022

Well the system that I installed on my BN1 using a Toyota Pathfinder valve
was somewhat effective but certainly not perfect. Not easy to see in the
attached pic.
I found that at normal cruise the ccp ranged between +2" and -3".
Lifting off the throttle momentarily would establish the -3" pressure which
would hold until the engine was taken back to idle. After that the pressure
would fluctuate as one accelerated through the gears then establish at
around 0 in at steady speed until the throttle was closed, then back to -3".
I'm fairly sure that these figures are a consequence of the type of PCV
valve used but it is impossible to get specific information about various
valves.