[Healeys] First start - BJ8

Alan Seigrist healey.nut at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 19:48:00 MDT 2022

All -

Don't hate me but for various reasons my BJ8 sat untouched for 10 years
here in HK.

Anyway, yesterday I connected her all back up and (despite it not being
properly set up for long term storage) she started immediately on the
FIRST turnover of the engine!

Goes to show that having rebuilt the engine properly back in 1986 and then
putting 100K miles on it in the couple decades after, it really set the
motor up well to sit and not get damaged.  She still has the perfect hone
on the cylinder walls from that rebuild.

FWIW 5 ring pistons have not worn out the cylinders at all.

I did flush new brake fluid through the whole system, so far no leaks.  Now
I have to flush out the cooling system...

Best,

Alan