[Healeys] OD BJ8

Michael Salter michaelsalter at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 10:43:55 MDT 2022

Yes Simon is correct.  The 3/16" pin check was probably satisfactory when
the unit was new but it isn't reliable 60 years later.
I would suggest removing the operating valve plug, spring and top-hat them
using a parallel punch check that the ball rises at least 1/16" when the
solenoid is energized.
After making any adjustments it is imperative that the solenoid current
draw is checked and drops to 2 -3 amps when energized after everything is
reassembled.