[Healeys] Stainless exhaust again

HealeyRick healeyrik at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 12:32:52 MDT 2022

For those of you who fondly reminisce over those ANSA tips with resonators,
feast your eyes.  When I built my Nasty Boy, I really wanted it to look
more or less like a stock Healey, which ruled out a single pipe coming out
of each side at the rear.  The solution was to bring the exhaust from the
right bank of the V8 under the rear shroud and join the left side to
replicate the dual pipes of the Healey.  Of course. the pipes are larger
than a stock Healey, so the solution was to make it look like it had an
ANSA exhaust.  I found some NOS ANSA tips here:
https://maseraticompound.com/collections/ansa-exhaust-tips-and-parts  I
think the illusion works well, but it all goes to hell when I fire up the
motor.  And no, it doesn't sound like a Ferrari, but it does sound a lot
like the Mustang Steve McQueen drove in Bullitt.  We all have our
fantasies.  [image: IMG_1626.jpg][image: IMG_1625.jpg]

Rick Neville