[Healeys] Front caliper rebuilds

Bob Haskell rchaskell at earthlink.net
Sat Jun 11 07:36:53 MDT 2022

Perry,

Thanks for the info about a tool that I don't own yet.  I did a search
on ebay for brake piston puller and most items were either the one you
showed or a similar one shipped from China. Both for motorcycles.  The
one you showed is made by bikemasters and their website says that it's
suitable for pistons with outside diameters from 19 to 38 mm. It would
make more sense if bikemasters gave the range of inside diameters it
worked with. The piston fitted to the early AH brake calipers are 48 mm
OD. Don't know what the OD of the piston fitted to the later BJ8s is.
But you've found it to work with both?

Cheers,

Bob Haskell
Austin Healey 3000 BN7/BT7 registrar