[Healeys] 100-6 ignition

Charlie Baldwin mgcharlie at comcast.net
Thu Jul 21 20:20:42 MDT 2022

What does the list recommend for replacement of ignition parts on a very
original 100-6?

I looked at Moss' offering and they have steel core wire and Lucas caps
to snap onto the spark plugs.  Does the steel core matter?  It doesn't
sound like a good conductor. The bumble bee wire is copper core, but it
doesn't look original.

The dizzy cap seems to be in good shape, so I will reuse that.

I'm figuring on using a red rotor.

Condensers have not been of good quality lately.  Moss offers Lucas,
Intermotor, and a more expensive premium one.  Is the premium one
better, or just more expensive?

I was also planning to use a Lucas point set, though the aftermarket set
is 1/3 the price.  Is any of this Lucas stuff near the quality of the
original Lucas items, and worth paying more for?  Perhaps there are
better alternatives from other sources.

No, I don't want to use a Pertronix Igniter.

Thanks for all of your help.

Charlie