[Healeys] Armstrong 6075 ft. shocks

gradea1 at charter.net gradea1 at charter.net
Tue Jul 19 18:48:21 MDT 2022

Final note on the Radiator Pressure cap inquiry...yes Bob, you did ask
for which one was proper, not that you could improve the system with
more pressure. I misread your comment. Sorry.
The September 1954 Service Manual for the 100 states a 7 lb. cap as
correct for that time period.
Some of the earlier production vehicles were equipped with 4 lb. caps
but could be "upgraded" to a 7 pounder with no consequences, I assume.
I use a 4 lb. cap, as that is what the car came with in 1953.
In that same volume, under Rear Axle the shocks are described as
"double acting hydraulic". I have that same document sheet listing the
various shocks available with no prefixes, and my shocks have an R
raised on the body. That is on the LH shock...Hank