[Healeys] Hard top brochure

Patrick & Caroline Quinn p_cquinn at tpg.com.au
Wed Jul 6 18:08:06 MDT 2022

Hello Peter

Thank you for your words.

I have often wondered who made the convertible hardtops sold by the DHMC, but they were and still are few and far between.

Back in 1975 Alan Jones and I were in Seattle staying with Dave Ramstad and one day we visited a sports car dealer in town. He took us into a storage area under the forecourt and there were hardtops stacked up everywhere. Plenty of hardtops for roadsters (100/6 to BT7 Mk2) and a single convertible version. He commented about the hardtops and while he knew what models they were for he wasn’t sure about the convertible top. He thought it was for an Austin-Healey, but wasn’t sure about the model.

Alan then blurted out that it was one of 200 made for the convertible Austin-Healeys. You could see the dollar signs roll up in his eyes. No idea what happened to them all.

The books of Richard Calver are highly recommended, especially 'Jensen-All the Models' which includes our BN3. His earlier tome is mind boggling as he lists every single Jensen car made from the 1920s through to when the company folded. I found the Jensen 541 delivered to Donald Healey without an engine after which DMH had a V8 fitted.

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn

Blue Mountains, Australia