[Healeys] Carpet

simon.lachlan at alexarevel.plus.com simon.lachlan at alexarevel.plus.com
Mon Jan 17 17:10:53 MST 2022

With reference to my question yesterday. It seems, after discussion with the
carpet manufacturer, that:

The tunnel cover is "wrong" insofar as the opening for the gearstick turret
is too small.

The two bigger pieces from (2) go on the inside front bulkhead. So I'd just
missed that.

The two other pieces from (1) are still "under discussion"..I say that the
sections I'm looking for sit on top of the flat area over the wheel arch.
They start where the rubber door seal is capped off and extend rearwards
past the front of the rear seat back per (B) which is the one I'm replacing.
That set always was a nasty cheap thing and looked tatty almost as soon as
it was fitted.

The carpet people say that the piece I need is like (A). Is that a BJ8?
Anyhow, it doesn't seem to do the job.

I'd be grateful for photos of that area showing the correct section(s) of
carpet.

Simon