[Healeys] Tunnel Cover Carpet

simon.lachlan at alexarevel.plus.com simon.lachlan at alexarevel.plus.com
Sun Jan 16 10:28:59 MST 2022

Hi,

I have a centre-change MkII BT7. As you experts confirmed for me before
Christmas, it has the original fibre glass tunnel cover.

Soooooooooooo..the new carpet kit, promised for before Christmas, has
arrived! I cannot help wondering if it's the right kit! Seems like everyone
wonders that when their kit arrives but I think my suspicions are well
founded. Either the wrong kit or very badly cut. The tunnel cover is
definitely for a centre change but which car is the kit for?....

Now:-

The gearstick turret, I think it's called,....shouldn't the carpet slide
down around it that so that all/nearly all of it protrudes through and the
rest of the carpet is thus able to sit flush on the cover?? It did on my
previous one but no way will it with this one. No way.

The new carpet has a hole for the turret with a diameter of about 5.5" where
the old one was 6.5". That 1" seems important to me! Any ideas as to what
size that opening should be?

What are the pieces in the two attached photos? Those in (1) look like they
might just be designed to cover that section where the hood and hardtop's
pegs fit in..ie that flat part immediately to the rear of the doors. Over
the wheel arch. They are nothing like mine but, with a lot of cutting, they
might be persuaded to go in.

Hopefully,

Simon