[Healeys] List archives

Steven Kingsbury airtightproductions at me.com
Thu Jan 6 12:00:55 MST 2022

Mark!Thanks for all the magic you do behind the scenes! Steven KingsburyBN1On Jan 6, 2022, at 8:45 AM, Mark Bradakis via Healeys <healeys at autox.team.net> wrote:First off, I made a slight change to the footer for the real time messages so that clicking on the second archive link takes you right to the healeys archive, not the top level Team Net archive list.And no, when you type something into the search string box, it searches the ENTIRE healeys archive, you do not have to do it on a month by month basis.  For a while I was looking into having the capability to search the archives of ALL lists, as there are many problems that Healeys, Triumphs, MGs et al have in common.  That seemed an insurmountable task given the tools at hand.That being said, I am not sure how long those archives will be searchable.  Currently the search engine behind it all is based on MhonArc and Namazu, some software written decades ago, hasn't been supported for years, no bug fixes, no maintenance patches, nothing like that.  It is basically, rusty, rotten software that I have been keeping together with bubble gum and bailing wire, like a 60 year old British car.I run Fedora 29 on the Team Net server.  The current Fedora version is 35.  But if I update Team Net, the versions of perl and python would get updated, and would most likely completely break the current archive collection and search capability.I could just say, "Too bad.  It's gone."  But there is TONS of info collected in the 30 years of email that has flowed through this machine.  It is nice to have it available.  And maybe using Google would be enough.Or maybe there are up to date, actively supported email/archive/search packages out there that would be a vast improvement over the rickety house of cards that is the current situation.  Or maybe after over 30 years I could just say goodbye, and pull the plug.  The end of the road.But I really don't want to do that.  I am 67, been doing Team Net nearly half my life.  Sometimes hard for me to believe that such a scatterbrained procrastinator like me, the man behind the curtain, has kept the bits flowing for all these years.We shall see what happens as we motor on in to our 4th decade of Team.Net - the dot is not silent.mjb._______________________________________________Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.htmlSuggested annual donation  $12.75Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive/healeysHealeys@autox.team.nethttp://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeysUnsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/airtightproductions@icloud.com