[Healeys] Fan Belt

Michael MacLean springer.mike51 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 22:17:21 MST 2022

I recently bought an original style fan belt for my BN2 from Moss.  $23.00
by the way.  If you like in the picture below, you can see the fan belt
sticking above the water pump pulley by an 1/8th if an inch.  I know it is
supposed to ride in the pulley against the angled walls, not bottom out,
but this belt sticks above all three pulleys by 1/8th of an inch.  Just
don't seem right to me.  The second picture is one of the generic belts
that a few on the list suggested.  As you can see it fits deep in the
pulley and actually bottoms out in all three.  That doesn't seem right
either.  What the heck?
Mike MacLean