[Healeys] Head Gasket

Michael Salter michaelsalter at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 16:52:59 MST 2022

Actually,  in my experience the limiting factor in cooling system pressures
was the water pump seal. Carbon seals as used in the 100 are very sensitive
to spring pressure.  Increase the pressure and the carbon block wears away
very quickly. The 4 p.s.i. was probably a compromise to achieve adequate
water pump seal life.