[Healeys] Head Gasket Woes Part Three

WILLIAM B LAWRENCE ynotink at msn.com
Wed Feb 23 11:57:54 MST 2022

Correction: tried = trued.

________________________________
From: john harper <ah100tech at gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, February 23, 2022 5:24 PM
To: WILLIAM B LAWRENCE <ynotink at msn.com>
Cc: Steven Kingsbury via Healeys <healeys at autox.team.net>; Steven Kingsbury <airtightproductions at me.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Head Gasket Woes Part Three

Steve

You say that you had distributor problems. Could it be that you ran the engine with the distributor over advanced? It is possible that you had pre-ignition or knocking. If over advanced then the pressure on the pistons can be very high before 'over top dead centre'. This might put more pressure on the head gasket than expected.

The flame front temperature must have been very high to burn away a groove in the head.

Best regards