[Healeys] Head Gasket Woes Part Two

gradea1 at charter.net gradea1 at charter.net
Tue Feb 22 13:23:06 MST 2022

Steven-that's a real heavy piston at .060 (compression ratio 9:1?) Was
there any defect in head prior to assembly? Magnafluxed? There is an
outfit Midwest Cylinder Head that can repair that for about $500, or
else is on to Denis Welch for about $4K.
I just had my head off and checked-they shaved .003 to get it flat.
Fingers crossed-head gasket was not blown, but water in oil. I'm
hoping it was water intrusion from rocker studs. Hank

Healeys"