[Healeys] Oil Pump Removal with Engine in Car

simon.lachlan at alexarevel.plus.com simon.lachlan at alexarevel.plus.com
Thu Feb 17 15:11:49 MST 2022

That's an interesting question...and I'm not 100% sure why one might want to
do it.

I swapped my pump quite recently, 2018, because I found a Denis Welch pump
going very cheaply on eBay.

I don't recall every moment, but I surely don't recall any problem
extracting or replacing the pump drive shaft. And I don't recall any reason
why there would be.

See the attached, which you've probably already got.

The only way that occurs to me to achieve your actual aim might be to turn
the car upside down!!

But, good luck anyway,

Simon