[Healeys] Restoring Lucas L594 Lens

Mark Donaldson ardmorebusiness at xtra.co.nz
Sat Feb 5 15:27:48 MST 2022

Harold,

Your comment about the colour ‘peeling off’ puzzles me.

I agree that the red beehive lens does come in a small variety of shades – some quite dark – but mine are all red glass right through.  No red coating.

I know this as one lens is chipped and it is red glass under the surface.

Unfortunately, this does not solve your problem.

I think best to go with Michael’s suggestion and buy a set of four new matching ones.

That said, it is a problem not only with the red lenses – I have five orange L594 lenses and only two are the same.  So much for ‘quality control’, eh?

Mark

Ardmore

NZ