[Healeys] Electric water pumps

Michael Oritt michael.oritt at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 05:21:16 MDT 2022

The same could be said for the oil pump whose role is much more critical
than the water pump.  Since it is driven by the cam it operates in direct
variation to engine speed and is supplying less oil under less pressure in
top gear at highway cruising speed than when in lower gears accelerating,
etc.  Since there is a bypass valve in the oil system perhaps there is an
abundance of oil being pumped through the engine and this is not an issue,
but at least theoretically the situation is the same.  And for those of us
old enough to remember how old vacuum-operated windshield worked you had
the same deficiency under acceleration when you might most need a clear
view.

Just sayin....

Best--Michael Oritt