[Healeys] Distributor guy

Curtis Arndt cnaarndt at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 02:25:40 MDT 2022

Most folks I've run into with Pertronix ignitions use them instead of
rebuilding their distributor properly. The Pertronix can make a worn out
distributor run better especially if the shaft bushing is worn.

Here's an idea, restore the distributor PROPERLY and replace worn parts.
Use NOS ignition parts and your car will run just fine! I have a lifetime
supply of NOS caps, rotors, points and condensers, all from eBay, and no
more expensive than buying cheap Chinese made reproduction POS!

Bottom line some folks use the Pertronix to mask problems with a worn
out distributor that just needs *proper servicing*. Some years ago at a
West Coast AH meetup all but two cars made it to the car show... The two
with Pertronix ignitions that failed. Amazingly all of the properly
restored Concours cars made it there just fine.