[Healeys] Counterfeit Numbers

HealeyRick healeyrik at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 08:37:56 MDT 2022

In watching various auctions of high-end Healeys, particularly Ms, I read
opinions that it would be very difficult to counterfeit all the identifying
numbers on a Healey. My question for the better informed would it really be
that difficult to get dies made up to punch realistic numbers, grind off
the old numbers on the trim pieces and body panels and make up some ID
plates?  If cars are worth over $150k, I would think it would be a
relatively small investment in tooling and with all the scanning equipment
we have now, I can't see it being that difficult.

Don't worry, not asking for a friend.

Rick Neville