[Healeys] O-ring

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Sat Aug 6 22:30:04 MDT 2022

It's been noted that some of the aftermarket paper gaskets may be too
thick, preventing the spacer ring from putting sufficient pressure on
the bearing outer race to clamp it down. This can allow the bearing to
spin in the hub; not a good thing.

I'm not going to mention the source; he was active on this list and a
forum but I haven't seen anything from him in a while. Anyway, something
to consider; some prefer to use just a sealant with the O-ring.