[Healeys] DW overdrive piston

simon.lachlan at alexarevel.plus.com simon.lachlan at alexarevel.plus.com
Thu Aug 4 14:45:19 MDT 2022

From: Healeys <> On Behalf Of Bob Spidell
Sent: 04 August 2022 18:13
To: Michael Salter <michaelsalter at gmail.com>; Warren Dietz <flyhihealey at gmail.com>
Cc: healeys at autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] DW overdrive piston

OK, who sells magnetic plugs for MOWOG gearboxes? I'd be willing to order from Canada

>> See attached.  I replaced the so-called “2nd type” with the previous type which is the brass hex nut with filter which bolts into a bolt in the bottom of the pump. (I think that big flat plug in the 2nd type is a wretched thing. Why did they do it? The hex is much easier.)

Once you’ve got that sorted out you can buy 2 or 3 of the magnetic rings that sit in there. Per:- MAGNETIC WASHER - DRAIN PLUG (ahead4healeys.co.uk) <https://www.ahead4healeys.co.uk/MAGNETIC-WASHER---DRAIN-PLUG-id3338.aspx>

As to overdrive pistons, I had a fairly torrid time with those quite recently. I should be inclined to ask Dave Twigger at Overdrive Spares. I’m pretty sure that he sells all types ie the AHSpares version, the original type and – I think – the DW type. He supplies them to all and sundry. Ask him which he thinks is best for your application.

I didn’t see the washer inside the piston casing in any of the photos. Most people insert them these days and I think they claim an extra 20 or so PSI.

Simon