[Healeys] Engine lift

andy pole ampole at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 2 20:48:52 MDT 2022

It’s so much easier to move the car rather than the engine, get the engine on a hoist with an angle adjuster, then use the front wheels to move the car forwards as you lower the hoist (it’s very easy to move the car rather than the engine as there is no weight) so drop the engine a couple of inches, move the car and adjust the angle on the hoist. If you need to you can use a wheeled Jack to lower the overdrive end onto which helps move the whole lump. I managed to get the engine, gearbox and overdrive as one unit in about 10 minutes in my own doing it this way.