[Healeys] Concours BJ8

Alan Wasserman alanwassermannc at gmail.com
Sun Apr 24 17:46:44 MDT 2022

Thank you for the quick response, Michael.  I have a number of questions and will await the return of my toy (in about a week) to go over them.  I have the present Concours Guidelines and have studied them extensively, along with Bill Piggotts book Factory Original…, the (green) Shop Manuel and a restoration reference.  Do you recommend any other publications, sites, original marketing lit that I should have and study?  Would love to have close ups of the BJ8 engine to compare.  See, attached, my present engine look (which I know I have to change: 1.  paint heater return pipe (completed since the picture), 2. replace fuel mesh from carb to carb and then front carb to engine, 3.  probably?? strip black paint off front choke wire bracket (there appears to be a question as it was black for the BJ7, I believe and 4. change out the ignition coil for original).  Anything else that strikes your imagination would be greatly appreciated.  THANK YOU!!

> On Apr 24, 2022, at 6:12 PM, Alan Wasserman <alanwassermannc at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello fellow enjoyers.  I have a ’66 AH Mk III BJ8 Phase 2 and am on the long road to a Concours judging.  I was hoping one or more of you have won a Concours level and would be kind enough to share some close up pictures of your engine.  Any help would be appreciated and thank you in advance.
>
> Alan Wasserman
> alanwassermannc at gmail.com <mailto:alanwassermannc at gmail.com>
> 732-887-0742
> www.wassermanstudio.com <http://www.wassermanstudio.com/>