[Healeys] Front Shocks stress

gradea1 at charter.net gradea1 at charter.net
Sat Apr 16 13:56:29 MDT 2022

Bob-that caution was to insert a wood block on the shelf between the
shock arm and the plate...opposite the rubber bump stop. If you hang
the suspension without the block, it will crush the bumper.
On the 100 it would use a 2" block (I use a chunk of 1-1/8" plywood
sub floor) as it holds up better than just a piece of wood. For the
6-cylinders I think it is 1-1/2" block. That is why the book suggests
you lift the front wheels from under the spring plate, rather than any
frame member. If you lift the car from the cross member you need two
blocks-one on each shock tower...Be sure to remove them when you lower
the car. If you forget and drive away, they are probably out on the
road somewhere. Hank

Healeys"