[Healeys] New Clutch query

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Mon Sep 27 09:20:35 MDT 2021

Since we're grasping at input shafts, er, straws ... Did you lube the
splines with anything? I know it's a slight risk given grease could be
slung onto the disk or cover plate--although engine oil will likely end
up in the vicinity sooner or later--I've always done it with no issues
(if anybody cares, my favorite product for things like this is Redline's
wheel bearing grease).

I'm probably wrong, but I don't think 'centering' is the issue, as I
think Simon was probably pretty careful about it, and I've never heard
of anybody having trouble with a centering tool or input shaft.