[Healeys] Oil Pump Prime

Steven Kingsbury airtightproductions at icloud.com
Mon Sep 6 09:29:08 MDT 2021

When I did the rod bearings in my MGB I packed the oil pump with Vaseline when I put everything back together and that worked great. When I rebuilt the engine in my BN1 I was told I did not have to do anything. So I just put it all back together, filled it with oil, left the plugs out and turned it over until she showed oil pressure. Worked like a charm. Then I put the plugs in, fired her up, good oil pressure and ran it for about 20 minutes at 2000 RPM. Been running since. And I made sure to use Driven Break in Oil.
   Good luck! Vaseline can't hurt, but make sure you have pressure before you fire it up!
Steven Kingsbury
BN1