[Healeys] Premium Head Gasket Result; was "Head weight"

Michael MacLean springer.mike51 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 29 15:53:48 MDT 2021

My BN2 engine has a Payen gasket that had been sitting in my parts stash
for several years.  This gasket is probably a B.C. gasket. (before China)
Even so, I took Norman Nock's advice and coated both sides of the gasket
with Wellseal.   Just to throw some controversy in the mix I cranked and
extra 5 pounds to the torque setting as advised by a Healey restorer friend
of mine that has since passed.  I don't anticipate any leaks between 3 and
4 when I start it for the first time.  Even if there is, I can't complain
to Norman or my friend about it.
Mike MacLean