[Healeys] 100 Rear Springs

josef-eckert at t-online.de josef-eckert at t-online.de
Thu Oct 21 12:48:34 MDT 2021

Hi Michael,
Try BCC in the UK. They do their own springs to original specification.
Their leaf springs are first rate:
<https://britishclassiccarparts.com/collections/austin-healey/Product-Type_Suspension>

Josef Eckert
Königswinter/Germany

-----Original-Nachricht-----
Betreff: [Healeys] 100 Rear Springs
Datum: 2021-10-21T20:26:46+0200
Von: "Michael Salter" <michaelsalter at gmail.com>
An: "healeys at autox.team.net" <healeys at autox.team.net>

As is so common with "offshore " products I'm having ongoing problems with
the currently available rear springs, in particular those for the 100.
It seems that all the usual suspects source these from the same
manufacturer in India and it is my suspicion that these are made from
substandard steel.
Typically leaf springs are made from 5160 steel which is incredibly
resistant to deformation and fatigue. I don't have facilities to determine
what steel is used to make these springs but it certainly isn't 5160!!
Has anyone found a source for rear springs which last more than a few
years?