[Healeys] Door Brace -

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Wed Nov 17 18:00:48 MST 2021

Jean,

I think it's factory. Here's some pre-resto shots of our BN2/100M before
we took it to bare metal. You can just make out similar bracing, but
it's on both doors. I can feel the butt-ends of a couple pop rivets on
both doors, where you'd expect them. I covered the inside of the doors
with some thin, 'bubble wrap' insulation for a bit of padding but, to my
surprise, it caused the doors to make a most-satisfying 'thunk' when
closed (I think they have the best sound of any of my car or truck
doors). I think that without the bracing the doors would make a pretty
hollow sound. Why one door only? Maybe it's a 'Monday car.'

Bob