[Healeys] 100 Front Disks

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Mon Nov 1 12:42:42 MDT 2021

Anyone put front disk brakes on a 100? I'm looking at the DWM kit, but I
imagine there are alternatives (not least for cheaper shipping, and no
customs hassles). I've seen/read about disks on early 6-cyl cars, in
particular greater braking effort (no big deal; my legs need every
workout they can get). Also, do the kits fit under stock 48-spokers?

What got me thinking is my BN2's brakes are OK, for all drums, but when
I stomp on them the car pivots hard right. I caught the first new
episode of Wheeler Dealers where the new host--Marc somebody--had the
same problem with an early Mini, solved with disks.

TIA,
Bob