[Healeys] Conclave tire pressure change

warthodson at aol.com warthodson at aol.com
Mon May 24 16:54:04 MDT 2021

Assume for for a moment that the tire is ridged. It would be like a ridged, sealed box. The pressure in the box, for example 30 PSIG would not depend upon the outside atmospheric pressure. If the box were taken to a higher elevation, the pressure inside the box would not change. But if the temperature were higher or lower the pressure in the box would change. However, since the tire is not 100% ridged, the tire would slightly expand at a higher altitude/lower outside pressure which would result is a slightly lower PSIG. The question in my mind is by how much?
Gary