[Healeys] Conclave tire air pressure change trivia

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Mon May 24 10:21:20 MDT 2021

OK, looks like I'm wrong here:

https://www.me.psu.edu/cimbala/Learning/Fluid/Pressure/pressure_basics.htm

BUT:

"Example: Does gage pressure change with elevation?

Solution: No. Since gage pressure is always relative to the /local/
value of atmospheric pressure, the gage pressure of the atmosphere is
always zero, regardless of elevation. Note that /absolute/ pressure
decreases with elevation, just as water pressure increases with depth. "

So, the difference can only be accounted for by temperature delta.