[Healeys] Conclave tire air pressure change trivia

Bob Haskell rchaskell at earthlink.net
Mon May 24 10:05:15 MDT 2021

Atmospheric pressure at sea level, 59 degF is 14.7 psia.  At 6,700 ft
and 59 degF, the pressure is 11.47 psia.  If the tire gage is measuring
gauge pressure, the delta between the pressure in the tire and
atmospheric pressure, the change in atmospheric would account for most
of the difference seen.  But I have no idea if the tire gauge used works
that way or not.

Cheers,

Bob Haskell
Austin Healey 3000 BN7/BT7 registrar