[Healeys] 6-cylinder Rear Crankshaft Oil Seal Conversion Kit

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Sat Mar 27 20:49:30 MDT 2021

An alternative to the felt 'cigarettes' is a good RTV. I happened to
visit my BJ8's builder when he was using a caulking gun and all the
strength he could muster to inject 'Right Stuff' sealant into these
holes. He wouldn't even acknowledge my presence until he'd completely
filled the holes.

He also wouldn't install the crank seal I'd provided, insisting instead
on an elegant PCV installation. Leaking from the weep hole has been minimal.