[Healeys] 100 original tires

S and T Miller stmiller96 at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 24 18:13:50 MDT 2021

I have a Dunlop Road speed RS4 (for display purposes only) hanging in my garage. I was curious what originally came on the 100? Some sources state Dunlop road speed. From some light digging I did online it seems a RS2 or RS3 were never made available. Also found that the RS4 could have been used as early as 56' and the RS5 around 59'. The period ads list the RS4 for the 3000 and a few other cars.

So my question is, was there a RS1? Or even just a Road Speed without any further letter/number identification? I almost feel comfortable pointing at the tire and saying "that is the original tire that would have come on my 57' 100-6", but what about the 100. Hmmmmm.  Could be wrong though.

Thanks  all, Shawn

The Millers

"Always drive them, but remember each drive in an antique car is a test drive."