[Healeys] overdrive problem

gradea1 at charter.net gradea1 at charter.net
Mon Mar 22 22:55:52 MDT 2021

The other possible simple adjustment is the throttle switch set to
1/5th throttle-use the 12V test lamp and it sets perfect. (procedure
in workshop book) If you fooled with carbs or linkage, this setting
can be disrupted.
Another possible issue is dirt in the valve body...remove the tunnel,
unscrew valve nut and "carefully" remove shaft, spring and ball and
clean orffice. Be sure that the tiny hole in the bottom of the valve
shaft is open. Don't use a rag, q-tip or shop towel-no lint! Use a
small wire or welding tip cleaner. Hank