[Healeys] overdrive problem

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Mon Mar 22 20:50:25 MDT 2021

The shop manual has a comprehensive diagnostic flow chart; and maybe a
troubleshooting guide as well.

To make SWAGs, we need a little more info:

- does it stay in OD indefinitely, until he accelerates, or pop out
immediately?
- does it initially engage in 2-3 seconds, or take longer?

If the pump is weak, OD would be slow to engage and, once the
accumulator has engaged there might not be enough to hold OD. But, my
guess would be something electrical; possibly the relay.

Bob