[Healeys] current draw of wipers

Michael Oritt michael.oritt at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 14:25:49 MDT 2021

John said:  "Not all big Healeys fit the DR2 Wiper motor. The BN1 fits CRT."
-----------------------------
If I'm not mistaken the motor in my BN1 when I acquired it was non-self
parking and it was a trick to get the blades to fall as close as possible
to the bottom of the windscreen.
I replaced my motor with a later one--perhaps the one cited--that was not
only self-parking but also two-speed (along with a different switch),
though the difference between fast and slow seems negligible.

I wonder why no one has ever made a wiper arm with a bend or kink in it
that would bring the blade, when parked, parallel to the bottom edge of the
windscreen.  Guess that would make too much sense....

Best--Michael Oritt