[Healeys] brake fluid

Richard Collins gonnagitcha90 at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 17 12:47:09 MDT 2021

I have used the pencil style moisture meter but it lasted about a year.  It did work and I discovered the fluid was usually good for three years or so. Shade tree mechanics like to change your fluid based on guess and gullibility. I just bleed my brakes every two years or so but my track cars I do after nearly every event. I use DOT 3 or 4 (high temp on the track cars). Doing it also helps keep the bleeder valves from freezing up and breaking off.  I rebuilt the Healey brakes last year when the left front caliper started hanging up causing the hub to get hot. All new lines from Moss and a caliperrebuilt and paint by White Post over in Virginia. My hoses and lines were virtually blocked with crud and I'm surprised they even stopped me. The rear drums were OK but I needed new seals on the pistons. Not a difficult DIY task. My bad for not being smart on doing it sooner.

Regards,
Richard C
BN7 440