[Healeys] Exhaust fitting

Alan Seigrist healey.nut at gmail.com
Mon Mar 8 00:58:05 MST 2021

Hi Stephen -

I always use SS T-bolt hose clamps or other heavy duty equivalents to clamp
down on the joins... mostly because I hate the little whistling sound from
otherwise weak clamped joins.  The T-bolt hose clamps also have the added
advantage of not creasing the joins, so disassembly later is super easy.
Best part is there's no need for silicone sealant or anything like that.

Mikalor is a very good brand, alternatively you can get them from boat
shops too, but make sure you get them with the solid SS T-nuts so that you
can crank down on the bolt:

https://www.westfieldfasteners.co.uk/HoseClip_Mikalor_Supra-W4.html

alternatively this kind is very good as well:

https://www.theboatwarehouse.com.au/plumbing-sinks-toilets-pumps/hoses-accessories/hose-clamp-stainless-steel-t-bolt/

Avoid the kind that don't have a solid T- nut or don't have complete
threading through the T-nut.

Best,

Alan