[Healeys] Overheating

Ian Hey rianhey at btinternet.com
Sun Mar 7 03:17:32 MST 2021

I have put some thought into cooling my AH3000, which is not yet on the road
so I have not tested any of the ideas.  I have written the attached article,
which may be of interest.

One thing not in the article, but relevant, is that I have read that if an
engine overheats at high revs that is a coolant flow problem; if it
overheats at low revs, that is an air flow problem.

It is my intention to take some measurements of airflow in various
configurations this summer to prove or disprove the effectiveness of my
radiator cowl.

Ian