[Healeys] Shocks/springs

Michael Oritt michael.oritt at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 12:16:35 MDT 2021

The ride on my car has definitely deteriorated and I would like advice on
how to determine if this is due to aged/worn-out shocks, springs or both.

I installed Udo Putske's Bilstein shocks on all four corners about 15
years/50K miles ago and the rear DW upgraded 8-leaf springs are about the
same vintage.

The ride in general is okay and does not rebound when I "bounce" any of the
corners while the car is at rest but when driving over a pothole or speed
bump the ride is harsh, esp. under my seat--almost like it is bottoming
out. The car has also acquired a visible case of "bachelor's lean" to the
left.

I suspect the problem lies with the rear springs but how can I definitively
test where the fault lies?
--
Best--Michael Oritt. BN1