[Healeys] Non Healey- Land Rover question

Stephen Hutchings s.hutchings at rogers.com
Sat Jun 26 10:28:58 MDT 2021

I have a friend who doesn’t have a lot of experience working on his own cars, so he had a professional shop restore his series 2 Land Rover.
Trouble is, he got a call one day and the guy said “I’m closing my shop, come and get your car…and it’s not finished.”
Leaving aside that shocking lack of professionalism, I’m helping him sort what jobs are left.

I understand that there’s a popular mod that switches over to a weber carb (looks like what I had on my Renault 5 years ago) and that’s what he has.
Do any of you with experience of Land Rovers happen to have any photos of the throttle linkage to the carb?
I’ve told my friend that he has to get onto a Land Rover forum, but meanwhile I thought I’d seek the wisdom of my own list.

Thanks,
Stephen, BJ8