[Healeys] HD8 Su's

Bob Haskell rchaskell at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 15 17:35:43 MDT 2021

Roger,

 From a BJ8 factory parts list, the damper part number is AUC 8112.
Burlen's web-site states that the damper is available in two versions -
plastic top (AUC 8112) and brass hexagon top (AUC 8112 HB).  They're
vented, so the suction chamber must be non-vented.  Not sure if HD8
suction chambers are ever vented.

So no idea where the oil is going?  The needle and the inside of the
piston are dry?  The outside of the suction chamber is dry?

Cheers,

Bob Haskell
Austin Healey 3000 BN7/BT7 registrar