[Healeys] Electric Issue

R. Lindsay 050.rpl at gmail.com
Mon Jun 14 09:51:05 MDT 2021

Thanks Kees.

I have 3 wires to the volt meter- red/white to the bulb, black to the right terminal and green to the left terminal. Are you suggesting putting the green and black wires together on a terminal?

On the wiring diagram, there are “triangles” where the black wires attach to the gauges , grounding points.  On the tach, it appears the grounding point is connected to a red/white wire going to the panel switch and the two black are connected elsewhere. When messing with the wires yesterday I produced a little “smoke” and found the insulation on red wire from the panel switch to the lighting switch, and the two red/white wires between the tach and panel switch were melted.

It seems the issue I am having is between the lighting switch, the panel switch and the tach, hence the burned wires (the tach shuts down with the lights and panel switch are on, but runs when the panel switch is on but the lights are off).

What do you think?

Price Lindsay

Cell: 630-841-6300
Email: 050.rpl at gmail.com