[Healeys] overdrive problem

gradea1 at charter.net gradea1 at charter.net
Sun Jun 13 18:15:22 MDT 2021

Hi Bob-I agree, Redline MT 90 can work as well, providing the gearbox
is well sealed. I'm talking about 90W gear oil (hypoy) which is what
it appears has been added to the OD to "get more Pressure"...Jim
mentions MT90, but I want to make the point not to add gear oil as
found in American transmissions.
I had a bad experience with Redline in the 100 gearbox, which is not a
very tight unit...it all leaked out overnight, from a trans that was
in a customer's car. We refilled it with 30W-ND and it stayed in the
box. Redline is a synthetic and has a very small molecule. Hank